Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Separated at Birth
For those of you who don't know, I was adopted by my parents when I was 3 days old. My birthmom was 19 and unmarried when she had me and gave me up so that I could be raised by a mother and a father. I'd always known that I was adopted and decided while I was young that when I turned 21 (the minimum age set by the state) I would register to find my birthmom. April 2006 is when I turned in all the paperwork and within 2 weeks I received a call from the adoption agency saying that my birthmom had also registered and wanted to meet me. Boy was I nervous! The first time she called I didn't answer the phone cause I wasn't sure what to say. Luckily she called back. :) We talked that day and met about a week later. At first it was a little weird having her and her family (husband and 7 other kids) in my life, but over the past year we have all spent some time together and developed a good relationship. Overall it has been a great, very spiritual experience. Last December Michelle finished writing a book about her experiences as a pregnant teen and giving her baby up for adoption and gave the book to me for Christmas. It is a very inspirational story for any of you who are interested in reading it.

Michelle and I-she says I look more like my birthdad than her.
My half brothers and sisters-Grace, Adam, Natasha, Robin, Joshua (we have the same birthday..isn't that weird?), Me, and Nephi. Daniel is on a mission right now is Scotland so I haven't met him yet.

All together minus Daniel.

0 comments: