Sunday, March 9, 2008

"You Have Stolen My Heart...


Our beautiful baby boy arrived on February 8th, 2008. We went to the hospital at 6am that morning (Friday) for our scheduled C-section and at 8:06am he was born...7 lbs 8 oz, 19 in long. Mike and I named him Carson Dee Miles. He wasn't supposed to come until the 28th, but my blood pressure was so high that the doctor said it was safer for him to come three weeks early. Since Carson was that early though, his lungs hadn't opened all the way and they had to rush him to the NICU right after he was born. I was only able to see him for a few seconds before they took him away, and wasn't able to see him again till about 4 hours later. Those were the longest hours of my life. I had to just lie in bed (not moving because of the spinal block) and anxiously wait as Mike ran back and forth from the NICU-staying with Carson throughout his procedures and coming back to give me updates. Luckily I had my parents and Mike's mom there for comfort, and Jason, Thomas and Rachel there to make me laugh and keep me from going crazy till I could see Carson. It was so sad the first time I finally saw him in the NICU. He was hooked up to breathing tubes, IV's, heart and oxygen monitors, blood lines, etc... Because of all the equipment we weren't able to hold him until Saturday night-almost two days after he was born. Mike and our good friend Jared were able to give him a blessing though, and Carson made a remarkable recovery. All the doctors and nurses were suprised at how well he recovered. By Sunday night we were able to take him out of the NICU and bring him to our room, and by Monday afternoon he was well enough to go home with me. Besides having jaundice for the first week he was home, Carson has been a healthy and growing baby. We are so blessed and excited to have him in our lives! (Click on the link below for a slideshow of pictures...)

View this slideshow created at One True Media
Carson Dee-In the Hospital

4 comments:

Meredith said...

I am so glad to see you are back and blogging sister! I loved the pictures of Carson- even though I have seen them like three times! I just think he is so adorable!

Becky said...

He's sooooo adorable! You guys did good on this one!! I can't wait to see him (and you guys too) on Easter! Love, Beck

Joe and Corinne Bippert Family said...

Hey I found you guys!! You should add us as your friends too!!

Joe & Corinne Bippert

VoNique said...

I loved your pictures! Your little baby is so cute! We want to see him sometime!