Thursday, August 6, 2009

Confessions

I don't like to complain a lot, but right now I just need to get a few things off my chest....

I ADMIT-I had a few cookies with breakfast this morning. No, it's not healthy and it's ruining my weight I've worked so hard to lose...but it's just been one of those mornings.

YES-I'm super pissed at whoever stole Mike's pain meds last night at his birthday party. C'mon people!! Only our closest friends were in attendance and it had to be one of them. Mike needs those pills to function and to have someone steal them from us just makes me sick.

YES-I'm still shaking inside from calling each one of our friends last night and confronting them about the theft. I HATE confrontation anyways, but having to confront the people Mike's closest to is enough to give me a heart attack.

NO-the towering pile of clean, but unfolded laundry that has been taking over our bedroom the past week hasn't gone unnoticed. It's driving me crazy but sometimes there are just more important things to get done.

SOMETIMES (i.e. right now) I feel like the world around me is falling apart. WHY CAN'T PEOPLE JUST GET THERE ACT TOGETHER!! (yes, including myself sometimes). My only saving graces right now are my wonderful, strong, patient husband; my innocent, sweet little boy; and my faith in Christ which reminds me that life isn't so bad and that I don't have to let other people's choices affect me.

LAST, but not least-There's a little part of my heart that is secretly jealous and a little sad towards everyone who is pregnant or has a new baby right now. YES, I am extremely happy for all my friends, but still frustrated that it isn't me right now.


*sigh*....I feel a little better. Now I'm off to get ready and face a new day and whatever challenges it may hold. I can already see some racing toward me...time to brace myself!!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

So sorry that you've had so much to deal with Nina. I admire you for the strength that you hold and the way you hold close to your family and the savior when times get tough. You are an inspiration to me! Hope you have a better week. Sending lots of love, Sarah

Scott and Courtney said...

Whenever we eat cookies for breakfast, we call them "breakfast waffers" instead of cookies. It makes not sound as bad and unhealthy. Give it a try, it seems to help a little!! :)

Kendell said...

I just want to give you a big hug right now!
We really are so thankful for you and Mike and all you have done for us. I hope you know we would never knowingly do anything to mess up our friendship. We love you guys!
We also know all too well what is it like to have someone steal painkillers & the hurt of not having a baby when you want one...while loved ones are graced with such a blessing you just can't seem to get.

(Nicole) The Very Hungry Caterpillar said...

Nina, sorry you have been having such a hard time lately. it will get better soon, I am sure of it. we love you!