This year I'm all about starting fresh. So that means no going back to try and catch up on all the things I missed blogging about...BUT for my own sake (because I won't remember this in the future if it's not written down) I'm doing a quick rundown of the highlights from the past two months.
-Happy Anniversary!: Celebrated 5 wonderful years with Mike by going to Park City for 2 days. Gma Miles kept Carson for us so we could enjoy some alone time. We were so exhausted from everything that had been going on and ended up sleeping pretty much the entire time, haha. We did manage to make it to Bandits for a steak dinner and made it through one movie without falling asleep!
-Thanksgiving x2: The Sunday before Turkey day we went to my parents house and Thanksgiving day was the Miles' turn this year. I'm not a big fan of this holiday. I'd rather be thankful all the time and not eat food I don't really like.
-Dashboard Confessional Concert: Got to see my favorite band with almost all my favorite people. Mike doesn't like them, so he chose to stay home with Carson while Jason, Shawn, Mel, Rachel and Leslie carried on our yearly tradition of going to the DC concert. This year as an added bonus, Chris and his guitarist did a private show @ Graywhale for about 150 ppl and signed autographs after. Jason suprised me with tickets to the Meet n Greet for my bday (what a good brother!). It was AWESOME!! :) They sounded great and it was so much fun meeting Chris.
-PixieDust Designs: The name of the boutique I started this fall. See more about it here: www.mypixiedustdesigns.blogspot.com. This kept me up late MANY nights but it's been so much fun. I've done 3 parties/boutiques in the past 2 months and hope to continue creating and selling this year.
-Started singing again: Joined a women's singing group put together by a very talented girl in my ward. We had fun performing Christmas music and I'm excited to start some new stuff in a few weeks.
-Home improvements: Got both our upstairs bathrooms painted with a LOT of help from Jason and started painted the cabinets in the bathrooms. Pictures to come as soon as I finish...it's amazing what a few coats of paint can do!
-Party Animals: After the last two months I'm totally party-ed out. Between the 3 boutique parties, 5 Christmas parties, 1 friend party, and a birthday party, I'm ready for a break. Maybe that will happen after the pizza party we're hosting at our house this weekend for all the employees at Mike's store....
-Quarter Century: On Nov. 30th I turned 25. I was dreading it at first, but so far it's not too bad. At least I can now rent a car for cheaper. And Mike made it fun by suprising me with tickets to the Jazz game that night-box seats courtesy of AT&T!
-Heber Creeper: Mike, Gpa and Gma Miles and I fed into Carson's train obsession and took him on the Heber Creeper in November. He LOVED it. Especially the part where daddy let him stick his head out the window.
-Plus One: My younger sister Rachel moved in with us a few weeks ago. She's staying in our 3rd bedroom and now our bedroom also doubles as the office. It's been a little cramped trying to get things re-arranged, but we love having her here with us! Carson loves his aunt RayRay and I love spending time with her and getting help on what to wear! ;)
It's been a fun ride the past two months, but I'm glad that life is slowing down a little!
1 day ago

1 comments:
Thanks for the update! And I'll totally have to keep this idea in mind next time I'm behind.
Post a Comment